Who are we?
Founded in 1956, the Dartmoor Pony Registry of America is a small, private organization which maintains the official studbook for Dartmoor ponies in America. We maintain a database on DPRA-registered Dartmoors and provide information about the breed with a free pamphlet, our website, attendance at equine exhibitions, and articles and advertisements in various publications.
Although primarily a Registry, the DPRA welcomes anyone interested in the Dartmoor pony to join and help spread the word about these wonderful ponies.
- Full member: $25/year
- Junior member (under 18): $5/year
- Life member: $200
Registration Fees: members (non-members)
- Colts or fillies - $15 ($30)
To be registered by Dec 31 of their second year.
Fees double after Dec 31 deadline.
Re-registration of colt to stallion - $50 ($100)
- Transfer of ownership - $5 ($5)
- Replacement registration certificate - $10 ($10)
In addition to transfer fee. Issued if original lost or destroyed.
- Registration of imported ponies - $5 ($10)
- Registration of prefix - $5 ($5)
Members may use prefixes to their ponies' names.
Prefixes must be registered with the DPRA.
- Half-bred registry - $15 ($30)
Dartmoor Breeders List: Send information and check for $25/yr to DPRA Secretary.